Friday, June 29, 2012

Introducing....

Why start yet another blog of book reviews?  My reasons are varied.  First, I love to read.  I would have a perfectly lovely vacation in a quiet room with my kindle, a large gift card and no interruptions.  Next, I enjoy sharing my thoughts about the books I have read, may want to read and will definitely never read.  Lastly, I have way too much spare time on my hands.

I grew up in a very small town.  There wasn't much there and we only had three channels on tv, so I learned about the world through books.  I was exposed to different cultures, languages, customs...you name it.  All without ever leaving my house.  Reading remains my escape and my passion.  

The reviews I write here will not be the most eloquent reviews ever written, but they will be honest.  They will also be on books that I have actually read.  I have seen people write reviews on books they admit they haven't read and it drives me nuts.  I have also seen bloggers and reviewers outright plagiarize the reviews of others.  That won't happen here either.  I welcome comments, suggestions and if you absolutely must, criticism.  I'll only pout for a little while.  

I have to go now and finish reading my book.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your reviews and ramblings as we have the same tastes in books and such.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always trusted your opinion on books. You know me, so if I ask about a book and you say pass...I pass!

    ReplyDelete